Citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis can be a completely legal procedure. The passport of Saint Kitts and Nevis is issued on the basis of special legislation of this island nation.
The state of Saint Kitts (Saint Christopher) and Nevis are located on two islands in the Caribbean. The total area of the islands is about 269 square meters, the population is 50,000 people. The population is mainly represented by representatives of European nations – the British, the Spaniards, the Portuguese. The capital – the city of Baster – is located on the island of St. Kitts.
Citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis bring many benefits to its owners:
- The possibility of visa-free entry to 131 countries of the world: European countries, Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, a 10-year US visa for a simplified scheme. You can travel freely around the world.
- St. Kitts and Nevis is an offshore zone, business is conducted here with minimal tax burdens.
- Together with you, citizenship can be obtained by members of your family (your children and parents, as well as parents of a spouse), and complete confidentiality will be respected.
- Real estate in St. Kitts and Nevis is a profitable investment. Over the past 10 years, real estate here has increased in price by 92%.
- The climate in this country is very favorable, the average annual temperature is about +26, the Caribbean Sea is always warm. Having your own house in a paradise where real estate prices are constantly growing is very profitable and pleasant.
- Citizenship of Saint Kitts and Nevis for investment is an old and respected program worldwide, which was approved in 1984 by Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain.
- The official language is English, religion is Christianity, the currency is East Caribbean dollar pegged to the US dollar.
How to get second citizenship of Saint Kitts and Nevis
One of the possibilities for obtaining a St. Kitts and Nevis passport is an investment of 250,000 euros in the Diversification Fund of the sugar industry. In this case, the return of the investment is not provided. The Sugar Fund is a charitable organization that helps sugar industry workers. The size of investments increases depending on the number of family members:
250,000 euros per person
300 000 euros – for a family of up to 3 people,
350,000 euros – for a family of up to 5 people
400,000 euros for a family of up to 7 people.
50 000 euros – payment for a non-working child aged 18 to 25 years.
There is another way to obtain St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship through a return on investment.
Acquisition of real estate (villas, houses, apartments, building plots) on the islands of St. Kitts and Nevis in a property worth at least 400,000 USD. In the area of Christophe Harbor, real estate should be no less than 800,000 USD. You can also buy land for construction or a berth for parking yachts and boats.
According to recent amendments, the acquisition of secondary real estate also entitles the second owner to obtain citizenship.
In addition to the value of the property will need to pay the following fees:
1. The state fee (Governmental Fee) in the amount of 50,000 USD for the main applicant and 25,000 USD for each “dependent” family member;
2. State due for legal due diligence in the amount of 7.500 USD for the main applicant and 4,000 USD for each dependent family member;
3. The Administrative Government Fee for Citizenship (Legal and Processing Fee), the amount of which varies depending on the number of family members and is:
• only one applicant: 35,000 USD;
• the applicant and up to three family members: 45,000 USD;
• the applicant and up to five family members: 60,000 USD;
• the applicant and up to seven family members: 70,000 USD;
For each additional family member (if more than 8 people are served), the Legal and Processing Fee will be 5,000 USD.
All of the above amounts are paid to the authorized account of the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis (escrow account), which guarantees absolute transparency of all processes.
It must be borne in mind that not all St. Kitts and Nevis developers have been recognized by the Government for the sale of real estate on account of citizenship.
Profitable investments in real estate on the islands of St. Kitts and Nevis can pay off in a few years. Property prices are constantly growing. For example, you can buy a share in newly built villas on St. Kitts for 400,000 euros, while the cost of a whole object is up to several million dollars. The owner will receive citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis, plus income from the rental of real estate. After 5 years of mandatory ownership of real estate, the share can be sold. The new buyer will also be able to obtain citizenship.
Despite the fact that at the initial stage the purchase of real estate will cost more than investing in the Sugar Fund, this option is more profitable.